Women's Free Meet Up Hike // Hornsby | samedi, 11. juillet 2020
About this Event
This delightful loop walk is perfect for a Sydney meet up. A great way to join the community and get a taste of spending your weekends adventuring with other like-minded women.
This walk has a variety of bushland, ferns and dry sandstone bush near Berowra Creek. It’s a nice easy walk and all the more enjoyable with a friendly and welcoming group of women.
Blue Gum Hornsby Hike is a loop that goes through native blue gum forest, through some single track with views into the valley and over a natural bridge called the washpools and down to fishponds waterhole with a fire trail return back to Rosemead Rd Park. Wildlife includes echidnas, wallabies and lace monitor lizards.
If you would like to read up about this walk CLICK HERE.
● Meet up walk: Blue Gum Hornsby Hike
● Date: Saturday 11th July
● Start time: 8am
● Finish time: 11am
● Grade: easy/moderate in parts - 6.7km
● Duration: 3 hours with rest stops
● Walking pace: Slow
● Meeting location: Ginger Meggs Park, Valley Rd, Hornsby
● Maximum numbers: 9 women only due to Covid group restrictions. Please make sure you register
● Trail type: Fire trail, single track in one section
● Age: Over 18 years only
HOW TO GET TO THE MEETING LOCATION:
Ginger Meggs Park, Valley Rd, Hornsby
Click here for the link.
Street parking available on Valley Rd at Ginger Meggs Park.
MEET UP VOLUNTEER DETAILS:
WHAT TO BRING:
● Walking shoes/boots
● Small bag for your belongings
● A **** to eat
● 2L water
● Personal Medic*tion
● Camera or phone to take photos
● Wet weather jacket
● Warm fleece or additional jumper for warmth
● Walking poles (optional)
Are you new to the Women Want Adventure community? Please come and join us in a variety of locations for trips and free walks in NSW and internationally. You can read about who we are HERE.
Here is what Lisa Perkins had to say about her first hike with us:
“Thank you so much for a Sunday morning hike. It was beautiful! I was a little nervous to attend not knowing anyone but loved the group of ladies. I’ll defiantly be back for more walks!”
We can’t wait to meet you on this Hornsby hike.
Women Want Adventure
● Are there bathrooms at the meeting location? No, the nearest public bathrooms are at Hornsby train station (approx. 2km away).
● Are there steps or steep hills on this hike? A few steps, one steep hill, but not overly long so will take it slowly. All our meet ups ensure we support all women no matter your fitness or experience level.
● Can I bring my dog? Sorry! No pets on this hike.
● My 15 year old daughter would like to attend, can she come? We believe young women should spend more time outdoors, however we ask for these walks to be for women over 18 years only, sorry!
● I missed a spot, will there be more walks in and around Sydney? Yes! We’re working with great Volunteers and our Team to host free walks most months. Keep an eye on our website – www.womenwantadventure.com.au for updates or our Facebook Page.